Print This Page
HOME ABOUT US REPAIR LIST QUOTE FAQ's GALLERY SPECIALS
Home About Us Vehicle List Online Quote FAQ's Map Gallery Specials Contact Us
VW Jetta, Cabrio
BMW Series 3,5
CALL US AT:
Ship Repairs To:
FLORIDA STATUTES 2009
19.35 Unlawful acts in connection with motor vehicle odometer readings; penalties.-
(1) It is unlawful for any person knowingly to tamper with, adjust, alter, set back, disconnect, or fail to connect an odometer of a motor vehicle, or to cause any of the foregoing to occur to an odometer of a motor vehicle, so as to reflect a lower mileage than the motor vehicle has actually been driven, or to supply any written odometer statement knowing such statement to be false or based on mileage figures reflected by an odometer that has been tampered with or altered, except as hereinafter provided.
(2) This section does not prevent the service, repair, or replacement of an odometer if the mileage indicated thereon remains the same as before the service, repair, or replacement. If the odometer is incapable of registering the same mileage as before such service, repair, or replacement, the odometer must be adjusted to read zero and a notice in writing must be attached to the door frame of the vehicle by the owner or his or her agent specifying the mileage prior to repair or replacement of the odometer and the date on which it was repaired or replaced.
(3) Any motor vehicle with an odometer that has been tampered with so as to reflect a lower mileage than the motor vehicle has actually been driven may not be knowingly operated on the streets and highways of the state in such condition unless the certificate of title and registration certificate of the vehicle have been conspicuously stamped so as to indicate the displayed mileage is inaccurate and written notice has been placed on the vehicle as described in paragraph (2).
(4) If any person, with intent to defraud, possesses, sells, or offers to sell any motor vehicle with an odometer that has been illegally adjusted, altered, set back, or tampered with so as to reflect a lower mileage than the vehicle has actually been driven, such motor vehicle is contraband and is subject to seizure and forfeiture by a law enforcement agency or the department pursuant to ss.932.701-932.704.
(5) Any person who intentionally violates the provisions of this section is guilty of a felony of the third degree
ODOMETER REPLACEMENT RESET SERVICE FORM
Last Updated 4-18-09 | Copyright © 2009 DNA Speedometers, Inc. All rights reserved.